tisdag 3 maj 2011

Bye Bye Baby Bump...


How I have loved being pregnant!
I don't remember the nausea, the fatigue, the anxiety or the fears. I remember Baby gently nudging me awake in the morning and moving around as I fall asleep at night. I remember that time she had the hick-ups which kept me up all night. I remember the first time she kicked wifey's hand. Or that time, long, long ago when I felt her like the bubbles of mineral water inside me, and dared to hope it was her.
I remember carrying her under my heart, protected from the outside world in our own little bubble of love.

And now it's only days away from being over. And I have to say goodbye to this period of our lives together and move into the unknown.

Because I've had such a lovely 3d trimester (when I finally got to do what I wanted all along; SLEEP)I have tried to answer politely to all the comments I've recieved since about week 34; It's almost over now! Hang in there! Any day now!
And I thought; but I don't WANT it to be over. I want to be here for ever. Loving every second of Baby's and mine loving co-existance. Undisturbed by work, clock-hours, expectancies to do anything else but marvel in complete awe of this miracle growing inside me.

The hospital stressed me out, the midwife and wifey told me to tell Baby to come out now. And I was so not ready to let her go.
I held my bump protectivly as tears streamed down my face by the thought of this pregnancy and birth taken from me. Being induced, having all those strangers turn my dream into a nightmare with their harsh words, cold hands and matter-of-fact-medical view of birth.

I am so thankful we got out of the hospital and that my body has calmed down. Now Baby can come when she pleases. And I have tried to mentally let go of my bump, started to long for Baby to come out. (It also helps to see all those baby pictures on Facebook of new born babies my friends have had lately).

So Good Bye to my pregnancy and bump;

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar