fredag 28 januari 2011

Movie time!

















Wifey and I have watched the documentaries The Business of Being Born and Orgasmic Birth.

They are both documentaries portraying Hospital Births in America, and I think things are quite different here in Europe. Still, I think it's a good overview of medical birth and why it is counterproductive for most healthy women. I've read a wide variety of birth books, both on "standard" medical births and home births/unassisted births/natural births.
To each her own, and to me the books that appealed to me the most and made most sense are the ones on natural births.

I know a lot of women feel that hospitalized births and painrelievers are a basic human right. As in; why suffer when you don't have to? I think it's great to have them for those who want them.

I'm just really interested in the idea that suffering and child birth does not go hand in hand. That the uninformed, unnatural, medicalized approach to child birth is what creates the suffering.

After all the years of dancing, I just trust my body to function like it was designed to. And I do believe that my body and my baby knows perfectly well how to birth if left uninterrupted.

I guess I will find out for myself in about 3 months time.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar