onsdag 23 mars 2011

Sex


I was so certain Baby was a girl earlier in pregnancy. Now I'm not so sure anymore. Not because of the dream I had last night, I just lost that intuitive feeling. Or perhaps I didn't lose it. Maybe it's just not important any more. I don't need to have a sex or gender for Baby to love her beyond the universe and back again.

Still I like to call her "her", since I noticed that most people call a baby "him" when you don't know the sex.

I talked to my mother on the phone this evening and asked her if she ever had a feeling for what sex me and my brothers were when we were in the womb. She said that sex is such a limiting way of relating to people. A boy can be like either of my brothers (they are not very alike personality wise). So she always found it very uninteresting to know if the child she was carrying was a boy or a girl. She was more curious about their personality.
And she said she can't wait to meet Baby.

Wifey has started to say "it's my son or daughter you are carrying there!" She says just the thought that she will be a mom and have a Son or a Daughter in a few weeks makes it feel so much more real.

The first thing most people ask me is if I know if it's a boy or a girl. That might be the first thing I ask pregnant women too, come to think of it.
Maybe it does make the baby easier to bond to, to imagine or relate to.

But my mother is right. It is much more interesting to know what kind of person it is.

From carrying her(him) for 8+ months I can say that Baby is considerate, calm and very good at putting up with her hysterical birth mother.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar