söndag 1 augusti 2010

Ei Raskaana! (or maybe I am...?)

After a totally unsuspected and amazing hen-party Friday night(friends, champagne, spa, massage and fancy dinner), wifey and I got up at 5 on Saturday morning to take a pregnancy test.
It was THE day; the day expected to be cycle day ONE, the day of my period or of the first revelation of our baby. The test said NOT PREGNANT (Inte gravid/ Ei raskaana). In Swedish AND Finnish. Just in case you would get confused. (They didn't have pics online of this technical marvel).

Yesterday became a day of tears, frustration, too little sleep and too much resentment, not to say bitterness, on my part. Is this how it's going to be every IUI?
I'm not a person to ever have PMS, if I have cramps I have them the first day and usually not very bad. I've been a wreck and in pain at least a week on and off after the IUI. And the end result is a little stick telling me in a Finnish I'm not pregnant.

My mother is convince the "99% certainty" test is wrong; she said; What about the other one percent?
Wifey was in tears, but is now back to her optimistic self and says as long as I don't get my period we still have a chance.

No Sunday, bloody Sunday yet. I feel slight nauseous. But I trust the Swe/Fin stick too much to have any hope.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar