torsdag 5 augusti 2010

I'm a free woman...


...for another couple of days.
No stick tricks, no ovulation to keep track of, no phantom symptoms of imaginary babies, I'm free to roam the planet as I choose, coffee in one hand,champagne in the other. I can do as many sit-ups, twists and plough positions as I please.

BUT, I still have a wedding to plan.
I'll sleep when I'm dead. Or hopefully, on the honeymoon.
I'm so exhausted, if I hadn't had 3 pregnancy tests and a period to tell me otherwise, I would assume I was pregnant.

We're not having a traditional wedding, or perhaps we are. Who knows what's traditional now a days. My mom says we need a Toast Master. But the word makes me break out in mental hives. Perhaps we can have a hostess or two, or three, instead?

The only thing planned so far is the guest list,atleast kind of.
As for the rest I'm thinking pink flamingoes, karaoke, zorba and chocolate cake. And loads of champagne. We'll see what wifey thinks about my random planning when she's back in town.

Only one of the elderly guest has declined our invitation due to homophobia/dementia. (Dictionary ; dementia - taken from Latin, originally meaning "madness", from de- "without" + ment, the root of mens "mind", is a serious loss of cognitive ability in a previously unimpaired person.
Dictionary; homophobia - taken from Latin, orignially meaning "madness", is a serious loss of cognitive ability in a previously unimpaired person).

I tend to forget just a year and a half ago I wouldn't have been able to marry wifey in this country. I remember joking with a gay friend about not needing the gay marriage since we didn't have anyone to marry anyho.

And I think of how wifey and I live in our little bubble of friends, co-workers and love. And how sometimes lightning strikes and you realise that people find our love offensive and disturbing.
And in another place, not even in another time but in august 2010, we would be persecuted, tortured, gang raped and executed.
Because of our love.
Because it offends people that when I look into her eyes I find myself and everything else loses it's meaning.
Because it's disturbing to other people that she is the home of my heart.


">

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar